Valerie Stone-Independent Damsel in Defense Pro

Valerie Stone-Independent Damsel in Defense Pro
Equip-Empower-Educate

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 2013

WHEW!! We made it!  2013 is here and the world didn't end. Just kidding, I knew we would still be here. I have too much to do for the next 20 years for it all to go to hell. ;-)   I made it though another Holiday without any drama. (Hooray!)  My Daughter had a great Christmas with her Dad and their were no tears when she got home. Yayy! And, He's was decent too.  Who said the Holidays don't bring out the best in people. (Well....for some, right?)   I'm sure you may have encountered some crazy stressed out person this Holiday (I have) who should have been wearing a 'Bah Humbug" Shirt to give us a warning before we got in back of the in line.  :-)   Anyway, we can move forward with our resolution or goals we have for 2013 without looking back or Holding back!

Thinking of Goals...What are the Goals for 2013? Mine?...To spread awareness though my Business with More parties and  Mentoring. I have to say, I LOVE THIS BUSINESS!!  It's something close to my heart and I hate to see or hear of someone who is going through or went through such a life changing event as Domestic Violence, Rape, and Abuse of any kind. I just want to hug them in hopes that that one moment will make it all better. 
Another goal of mine this year is to make it to our First Damsel in Defense Conference in July. Looking into Flight tickets the other day and I'll need to save my Commission checks for the next 4 month but it will be worth it. Besides, I also plan on my Commission checks to go up also, so then I'll only need to save 2 months. :-)


Well, I can't leave before telling you that January is National Stalking Awareness Month.
I'm attaching a link to their web page. It's full of Information that surprised me, like did you know 6.6 million people are stalked in one year in the United States and 89% of femicide victims who had been physically assaulted had also been stalked in the 12 months before their murder. 2/3 of stalkers pursue their victims at least once per week, many daily, using more than one method.CRAZY HUH? There is more. Read and pass on.

http://www.stalkingawarenessmonth.org/


 WISHING YOU A HAPPY, HEALTHY, SAFE AND PROSPEROUS 2013

Valerie Stone
Your Independent Damsel in Defense Pro

find more at www.damselpro.com




No comments:

Post a Comment